- I love to write middle grade and young adult fiction that focuses on unusual family/friend relationships, first love, and struggles with big life questions that have no easy answers.
- I am a #PitchWars 2017 middle grade mentee! I am thrilled to be working with my mentor Kara Seal to make my MG horror novel THE CABIN the best it can be.
- I am a youth services librarian. Getting paid to buy books, do story time and host teen programs? Definitely a dream job.
- I write in many genres, but I have a soft spot for horror. In librarian fashion, I have a spreadsheet of all the horror movies I’ve seen (211 and counting). My influences range from the literary, character-focused style of The Others to the trope- and plot-driven Evil Dead. I was an avid horror reader as a kid myself, so I especially love crafting scary middle grade novels.
- I have been active in SCBWI since 2007. I am on the Diversity Committee for SCBWI-Wisconsin.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- I love using Goodreads to track my reading and recommend books to patrons.